Friday, February 3, 2012

Rides of January . . .

January 1st- Rode First Tracks of The Year around Applegate put on by http://rvmba.org/ . . . What a blast of a day, a special thanks to everyone who helped make it happen !!!


(18.5 miles)


January 2nd- Went down to ride lower Shasta with Fish and a ton of other people. Rode some new and old trails and had a blast.

 Getting the finer details worked out . . .


January 4th- Rode from the Bandshell to Ostridge Peak with Sam, Josh and Elliot, yet another great ride !!!



January 5th- Rode from the Bandshell to road 400 to lower bull gap . . . Great ride, very little snow. This was the ride I hurt my knee, no traction in mid air !

January 8th- A new favorite route, left from the Bandshell up to 4 corners then to Bull Gap access rd to rd 400 to Corp Camp rd which puts you in the best spot just above the rocks on lower bull gap . . . This ride was tough, went to bed at 7 up at 10 cause I dont bail. Had a Ruby's burrito 5 minutes before the ride, not a great idea, needed a little more time to let it settle! Got to the park and Matt Wittler, an X pro from Canada and the ever so fast Aaron all showed up. Not the crew I was hoping for : / but I survived.


January 15th- First ride on the knee, did not pick the best route. Decided to ride the ridge trail which has a ridiculous steep 1 mile hike a bike, but boy was it worth it. Wish I was wearing my Garmin, I forgot to charge it. Rode with Sam, Fred and Yeti. Gotta love riding new single track.

(13 miles)

January 29th- Ahhh no Garmin again, this was my first official ride back on the knee. I say official because between this ride and my last I saw one of the best orthopedic Dr.'s this valley has to offer. This ride was super RAD because I finally got to meet and ride with the local Super/Enduro celebrity Nathan Riddle. It was a great ride and we got to crush some Jabberwocky (or as I like to call it 8 seconds) !!! Also rode with Bill (for the climb), Zane, Aaron, Ryan and Rob.

(14 miles)

January 31st- Hard double ride. Rode from White Rabbit parking lot to lower Links back to the park and met up with Andy, Fred and Rob then climbed all the way to No Candies to Mystical to Hit Rd. Hit 32mph on Hit Road trail, it was fast.




*** January is over and the knee is feeling better. Total mileage so far is 142 miles. I'm assuming this is going to be a very low month, the knee put me out for 21 days :( More riding to come soon as well as some more pictures. My camera broke so I'm saving up for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment